The Bookworm Shelves has been designed by Ron Arad and manufactured by Kartell, from Italy. An artist's creativity combined with a great company's technology gives life to a bookcase design of daring industrial scale: Bookworm, the flexible bookshelf. A careful analysis of extrusion technology has allowed the creation of a curvy bookcase which assumes any desired shape, without compromising strength and functionality. Unlimited shapes can be formed, limited only by personal creativity. Available in three different lengths, Bookworm is marked by a series of bookend supports. Bookworm combines flexibility and superior durability allowing for a load of around 20 lbs. for each support. It is advisable to wall-mount the shelf in a curved shape to keep the materials in tension and to increase resistance once loaded. Select Short (7 bookends), Medium (11 bookends) or Long (17 bookends).
- Design by Ron Arad
- Manufacturer Model number(s) 8004 | 8006 | 8010
- Dimensions: Short : Width: 126"(320 cm), Depth: 7.9"(20 cm), Height: 7.5"(19 cm), Medium: Width: 205"(520 cm), Depth: 7.9"(20 cm), Height: 7.5"(19 cm), Long: Width: 323"(820 cm), Depth: 7.9"(20 cm), Height: 7.5"(19 cm)
- Material(s) Fire-Retardant PVC
- Return Terms Non Returnable / Non Cancelable
- Country of manufacturer Italy